Lupus Awareness Wristbands
Raise Awareness of Lupus Now
It’s estimated that over 1.5 million Americans are affected by lupus, an unpredictable and potentially life-threatening disease. Purple is the recognized awareness color for lupus. Personalized wristbands are the perfect way to raise awareness of lupus, its symptoms, and debilitating effects. Much is not known about lupus, and research is needed to discover more definitive causes, better treatments, and someday, find a cure.
Custom wristbands for lupus awareness can also be used as fundraisers. You can choose any message to fight against Lupus, from general statements such as "Band Together for Lupus" to specific messages such as “Fighting Against Lupus for My Mom”. At AmazingWristbands.com, you can add artwork as well, further customizing them for your specific cause.
What is Lupus?
Lupus is an unpredictable and complex autoimmune disease that causes inflammation and can damage any organ in the body with life-threatening consequences. Here are some important statistics about Lupus from The Lupus Foundation of America.
- Ninety percent of the people who develop lupus are female. Males also can develop lupus and their disease can be more severe in some organs.
- In lupus, something goes wrong with the immune system, which is the part of the body that fights off viruses, bacteria, and germs. The result is the production of autoantibodies that causes inflammation.
- Lupus develops most often between ages 15 and 44. However, between 10 and 20 percent of cases develop during childhood and these cases can evolve more rapidly into serious health complications.
- Many symptoms of lupus mimic those of other illnesses, and symptoms can come and go over time, which makes diagnosis more difficult. Lupus can take three to five years or more to diagnose.
- More than 90 percent of people with lupus will experience joint and/or muscle pain that can be disabling. Medication and mind-body therapies can be used to help control the pain associated with lupus.
- As many as 80 percent of people with lupus experience fatigue. For some, fatigue can be debilitating, even to the point of forcing them to stop working.
- Blood disorders such as anemia (a low number of circulating red blood cells) are common in lupus, affecting about half of all people with active disease.
- As many as 40 percent of all people with lupus, and as many as two-thirds of all children with lupus, will develop kidney complications that require treatment.
- Only 10 percent of people with lupus will have a close relative who has lupus or may develop lupus, and only five percent of children born to a mother with lupus will develop the disease.
- Lupus is not contagious and cannot be “given” to another person.
- Today people with lupus are leading healthier lives and living longer than at any time in history, thanks to researchers who continue to discover more about the underlying science of the immune system.
Buy Lupus Awareness Bands from Us
When purchasing charity wristbands, be sure to work with a vendor who offers only 100% silicone wristbands. AmazingWristbands.com only offers only products which are made of comfortable, latex-free, and non-allergenic silicone. Here’s what you can expect from us.
- Free shipping, free artwork, free design, and free color matching.
- Many different colors and color combinations, including options for swirled or segmented colors, glitter, or glow in the dark.
- Assistance creating your own customized and unique bracelets.
- No mold fee on any quantity of custom-made bands.
- No minimum quantity requirement for your order.
- Shipment of your orders in 5 - 10 days
We also offers super popular slap bands that “snap” to a person’s wrist. Get a detailed quote for your lupus awareness wristbands in minutes!